This weekend I attended at the NIC2012 conference in Oslo.
Many interesting sessions were on the schedule like DS MVP Brian Desmond’s “What’s new in Windows Server 8 Active Directory” and “Kerberos uncovered”.
Key notes from WinServer 8 AD:
- USN Rollback preventions when restoring a snapshot (PDCe needs to be on a Win Server 8 DC)
- Support for cloning DCs (handy when you have to deploy dozens of them)
- GUI for the AD Recycle Bin and Fine Grained Password Policy
- Dcpromo.exe is gone (you promote a DC from the server manager)
- AD delivers the mechanism for file server access with Claims Based Authentication
- A huge amount of new Powershell cmdlets
Unfortunately it looks like the video for this session is missing, though I’d recommend you to have a look at some other sessions like:
“Kerberos uncovered” by Brian Desmond:
”How to Not Screw Up Your PKI Environment“ by Brian Komar:
“What’s new in Windows 8 Hyper-V” by Ronald Beeklaar:
All sessions: http://www.nic2012.com/nic2012_agenda